Thursday, August 22, 2013

Yet Another Reason to Look Forward to Halloween This Year...

 photo monsters2013_zpse26847b1.jpg
As if the fall chill in the air wasn't enough of a harbinger of another gloriously sinister season of Halloween hijinks nearly upon us, as diligently reported by the Rock Father, the fine folks at General Mills have upped the Monster Cereal ante this year, by serving up not only the usual seasonal suspects in Franken Berry, Boo Berry, and Count Chocula, but also resurrecting both Fruit Brute and Fruity Yummy Mummy for the discerning breakfast palates of trick or treaters, old and young. Though I remember seeing Fruit Brute on the grocery store shelves with my mom back in the mid-seventies, I never gave it a second look, hardcore Franken Berry addict that I was, at the time. Boo Berry had also once been tops, in the days of color-coordinated/flavored peg-shaped marshmallows, footie pajamas, and such, but I never personally fucked with the Count until one of my concubines finally spooned some into my reluctant yap during the double-aughts. I vaguely recall seeing the commercial for the Mummy stuff in the late eighties, but I'd replaced cereal with cigarettes by then. All cereals will be available in mint-looking retro boxes at Target sometime in early September, with the modern packaging, pictured above, being offered everywhere else. In keeping with my current spirit of inclusivity, I'll be giving both fruit chumpys a go, but my true loyalty remains with Frankie and his strawberry-flavored sweeties, as always. Nuge.

No comments:

 
Connect with Facebook